Coronaviruses are a large group of viruses which are common and causes respiratory infections in human. These viruses are common in mammals and birds. In fact, most coronaviruses are not dangerous.
Here is the classification of the virus:
Phylum: incertae sedis
The genomic size of coronaviruses are the largest for RNA type i.e. 26 to 32 kilobases.
Types of human coronaviruses:
- MERS- CoV
- SARS- CoV
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus
Indeed, coronaviruses are the responsible for 15-30 percent of common cold. Though, most coronaviruses are not lethal, some types are serious too. MERS and SARS are also the types of coronavirus. Previously, about 850 people died from Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). Similarly, About 770 people died from Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) outbreak.
Early this month, WHO discovered a new type of coronavirus (2019 novel coronavirus) in China. Till now, this virus has spread in more than ten countries.
Causes and spread:
Coronaviruses can transmit from animals to humans. So, coronviruses are zoonotic in nature.
- Coronaviruses are very common in animals such as pig, birds, bats, dogs, cats etc.
- These viruses transfers to humans for many reasons. Mostly, humans having close contact with animals get affected.
- Mutation of the viruses occurs in human and its population rises.
- Now, the virus infects the respiratory tract.
- Eventually,viruses spread from one human to other and finally infects a large number of people. Mostly, it spreads through air and other contacts.
The common symptoms of coronaviruses are similar to other upper respiratory infections. Some of the symptoms are presented below:
- running nose
- sore throat
- a feeling of being unwell
In addition, coronaviruses sometimes may cause lower respiratory infections such as pneumonia and bronchitis.
Prevention and treatment:
In fact, there is no vaccine currently available which protects people from human coronavirus infection. Despite the fact, you can reduce the risk of infection by following preventive measures.
- washing hands time to time with soap water.
- using gloves while working in animal farms.
- cooking the meat properly before eating.
- avoiding contact with sick people.
- wearing mask in crowd.
Despite of these measures, if you caught the infection following treatment measures should be applied.
There are no any specific treatments for coronavirus infections. The treatment is similar to that of common cold. Indeed, most people with common human coronavirus infections recover themselves. Moreover, we may apply the following treatment measures:
- take fever and sore throat medications
- drink hot water
- take hot shower
- stay home to rest
In conclusion, we have to control and prevent it at the start to prevent it from getting worse. Finally, we are the one who can control it.
For More Tech update click here