MUSTANG, A FAVORITE DESTINATION FOR TREKKERS
Mustang is one of the finest destination for travelers. Mustang lies in the altitude of 3,840 meters from the sea level. Annapurna and Nilgiri mountain range extend across the northern part. Due to the road access in the recent days, visitors can have a sophisticated travel. If you visit Mustang once in a life time, it becomes the memory that you will never forget in your life. The alluring mountains are the attractions of Mustang. Trekking and hiking in upper Mustang are one of the main things to do in Mustang. Mustang is also a renowned place for cycling and rock climbing. There is intoxication in the air of Mustang. Mustang is rare place to witness heaven.
video courtesy madan.banjara
Access to Mustang (Route to Mustang)
- First you have to reach Pokhara to visit Mustang, as it is the route of Mustang. You can reach Pokhara by flight from Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu. Otherwise, you can reach Pokhara by road too. It takes about 7-8 hours from Kathmandu to reach Pokhara.
- From Pokhara you have to proceed for Jomsom. You can go in a jeep or a flight. But if you want a real fun and amusement or you have enough time, you can go on foot. It takes 3 days to reach Jomsom from Pokhara. It is 155 km distance.
- From Jomsom you have to leave for Kagbeni. It is just 11.5 km from Jomsom to Kagbeni. It takes around 25 minutes via road transport (Kagbeni Sadak)
- From Kagbeni you have to reach Chele which is at 3050 meters above sea level. It is 15.3 kilometers from Kagbeni to Chele and takes 6-7 hours on foot to cross the Chele village.
- Then from Chele the route consists of following
- Chele-Geling (around 7-8 hrs )
- Geling-Charang (around 6-7 hrs )
- Charang-Lo Mantang (around 4-5 hrs )
- Lo Mantang-Ghami (around 7 hrs )
- Ghami-Samar (around 6 hrs)Samar-Chhusang 2 (around 5 hrs)
- Chhusang-Muktinath (around 6 hrs)
Things to do in Mustang
- Muktinath is the temple where every year thousands of Hindu and Buddhist devotees visit. It is located in Thorong La mountain pass in Mustang at an altitude of 3,710 meters (12,172 feet) from the sea level.
Learn local culture and costumes
- Mustang is the place having Sherpas and Thakalis residency. You can learn the new culture and tradition if you don’t belong to this tradition. The culture is unique. You can witness new kinds of out fits which the local people wear and the culture they celebrate.
Trekking and Hiking
- Trekking and hiking in upper Mustang are one of the main things to do in Mustang. You can have a walk to reach Mustang and in the Lorang la mountain pass.
- You can witness the snowfall in Mustang. It is the best place to witness snowfall. It would be very delighted for you if you enjoy the falling snow.
- You can enjoy the horse riding in upper Mustang enjoying the natural scenarios.
Take pictures and Videos
- You can take the pictures and videos of the natural beauty and and the glowing mountains. It reminds of the time which you spent there.
Thus Mustang is the place that you have to explore once in a life time. Every year thousands of tourists from all over the world visit this pulchritudinous place and return with the best memories. You can witness and spectate the actual meaning of beauty. You can gain knowledge about the different caste and culture existing here. The depth of the tourism is good in Mustang as it deserves it. You can find the intoxication in the air of Mustang. If you visit Mustang, then you will gonna surely remember this exquisite place. It is a wonder land.